[linux-dvb] Re: b2c2 frontend detection problem

Ludovic Drolez wrote:
On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 06:56:31PM +0300, Denis Kot wrote:

Wolfgang Thiel wrote:

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 03:34:51PM +0200, Ludovic Drolez wrote:

I'm trying to use a B2C2 based card with a grundig tuner.
try use mt312 frontend

I've tried it but it's not detected.
Anyway, on the tuner it's written: GRUNDIG 29504-401.04
it's a DVB-T card? Hmm, First I would try to ignore the return value of the reset function, thenafter run a i2c bus scan by sending empty ping messages to all addresses in order to see what devices are actually attached and replying. IIRC the L64781 documentation said that the L64781 (the demodulator inside the tuner module) requires the broadcasted reset message, but better take a look on your own - all this is a while ago, I'm not too sure about it...

The L64781 docu was publicly available on the LSI website, don't know if this is still the case. Try archive.org in case of doubt.

Holger