[linux-dvb] Re: bt878.o heritage? (Why not bttv.o?)

Greg Wickham wrote:
Hi All,

I was browsing the sources last night and wondered why there is a module
bt878 that is quite similar (but not the same) as the bttv module.

There is a comment that the bt878 module was based on the bttv.

I am curious as to why the bt878 forked from the bttv module.
All the bttv stuff could get merged and much more compact if somebody has the time and the hardware available. Feel free to do it and send a patch!

Holger