[linux-dvb] Re: dvb kernel

Hi Dmitri,

Dmitri Katchalov wrote:

Hi Brad,

Can you give a bit more info on the Twinhan driver?
What's the current status and where do I get the latest sources? Do you have the documentation on the I2C format?

I've got Twinhan VisionPlus DVB-T (terrestrial) card and I'd like to make it work under linux. I've put some details
about this card here:
http://robdvd.radfiles.net/viewtopic.php?t=277
As I understand my card is very similar to the VP-1020.
It also seem to use the same windows drivers.

I'm pretty new to all this DVB stuff and I'm basically looking for a good starting point.
Jamie and Brad are working on the driver for the DVB-S card versions with and without CI connector. Regular tarballs are published on http://members.optushome.com.au/jhonan/dst/. You'll also find there a README describing the packet format (Maybe there are slight differences or extensions for the DVB-T card). The DMA stuff will probably pretty similiar to your card. It's not perfectly clear to me what the pin0 line does, you describe the routing as it might be a reset line, other people describe it like it might be an interrupt line to the MCU/ASIC which initiates a communication sequence from host to MCU.

Jamie wants to commit these files to the LinuxTV CVS repository within the next few days, until then you can use the tarballs.

hope that helps,

Holger