[linux-dvb] Re: <sheepish> Cry for help :)

On Wednesday 15 October 2003 11:32, Holger Waechtler wrote:

> your running kernel is not matching the kernel source tree and config
> you used to compile the driver. The config had module versioning
> enabled, the running kernel probably not.

Yep, you're spot on... I recompiled a kernel from the tree, installed,
rebooted and tried to compile the driver again.. and this time it loaded
fine..

I was hoping to be able to use one of Debian's stock kernels, so I could make
suitable modules available in a .deb for other users who don't want (or are
scared to) kernel recompilation...

No matter, at least it works now...

Cheers,
Gavin.