[linux-dvb] Re: Alternative v4 demux AP

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 19:40, Rob.McConnell@Zarlink.Com wrote:
> Would you need to have the "dvb_dmx_output_format" struct included in the
> new "dvb_dmx_decoding_filter" as I don't know of any A/V decoders that can
> accept a TS packet input (only PES or ES)? Anyone know differently?

The C-Cube Avia 500 and 600 do accept TS, PES and ES. In the current API
version we only use TS mode for TS playback from memory, and then it's
transparent to the application (It produces ugly noise when the
descrambler clears the transport scrambling flag but uses the wrong keys
:). I don't know any other decoder which can handle TS, so I don't see a
need for an output format parameter in this case.

Regards,
Andreas