[linux-dvb] Twinhan DVB-T progress or lack of thereof

I'm trying to get Twinhan DVB-T working. As I mentioned before my card
is very similar to VP-1020/VP-1030 so I'm using dst frontend as a
starting point. I've added my card's PCI ids to bttv-cards.c and dst.c.
Now I can load the drivers and everything seem to go smoothly up to the
point where DST frontend attempts to verify the presence of CI in
dst_check_ci() function. The first write_dst succeeds, read_dst() also
succeeds and returns 0xFF as expected. dst_wait_ready() also succeeds after
0 iterations. The second read_dst() fails with I2CDONE timeout error (-5).

This is both good news and bad news. The good news is the first 0xFF reply.
At the very least it means that the MCU has received the command and
successfully verified the checksum. The failure of the second read_dst()
probably means that the command is not supported or that the MCU has tried
to communicate with non-existent CI module and failed.

The bad news is I don't know what to do next. DST describes itself as DVB-S
(QAM) frontend while my card is DVB-T (COFDM). The parameters for QAM
and COFDM tuners are obviously different and it looks like the format of
the i2c "write tuner" command is also different. I'm trying to extract
this info from the other OS drivers and I feel I'm getting more and more
bogged down in it. Any suggestings appreciated.

Regards,
Dmitri