[linux-dvb] Re: need help with Twinhan and dvb-kernel

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 06:29:01AM -0700, ABBAS AL-MUTAWA wrote:
> hi
>
> i try to bulid dvb-kernel which i got from CSV, but i
> fialed. i have Mandrake 9.1(2.4.21) and Twinhan VP1020
> without CI.
>
> i did these steps
>
> 1) patch the kernel for video4linux2, but 1 or 2 files
> gives errors.
>
> 2) build the dvb-kernel sucessfuly without errors
>
> 3)open file insmod-bt8xx.sh and enable only DST card
> and disable others.
>
> 4) when i try to execute insmod-bt8xx.sh it doesn't
> find videodev.o and btty.o. i found it on
> /lib/modules/.. and try to insmod it, i sucessfuly
> insmod videodev.o but fial to insmode btty.o, it gives
> unresolved error.
>
> I insmod it with this command
> "insmod btty.o.gz i2c_hw=1 card=0x68"
>
> can any one help me

Without bttv loaded properly, you can't get anywhere.

I'd need to see the errors in the build. The patches have to be correct.
There are different v4l ones in the bytesex.org bttv patchesa dir.

It's a little bit easier with 2.6.0-test7, you don't need the v4l
patches (or any patches, just dvb-kernel out of CVS).

You did get bttv from bytesex.org? I remember using the version
in the snapshot directory ... Any version you use must have
bttv-if.c with the ic2_hw MODULE_PARAM.

Jamie