[linux-dvb] CI/CAM support in current DVB driver

Hi

I have been using an old version of the driver for my av7110 based
Nexus WinTV card for quite a while now. The dates tells me
that I downloaded it sometimes in january 2003. The good
thing about this old version was that support for CI/CAM/CONAX
worked as long as I did as described in
http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/2003/01-2003/msg00518.html

However whn I try to update to version 1.0.1 found at
http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/
that doesn't seems to work anymore.

Can anyone tell me if CI/CAM/CONAX work for 1.0.1 ?
If yes, how does one do to make it work ?

Another thing is the two branches of the driver. One is found
at the http://www.linuxtv.org/ site and the other is found
at the http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/ site.

Can anyone tell me the difference ?
The Metzler Bors. version seem to work with CI/CAM/CONAX
though one still has to follow the procedure described in
http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/2003/01-2003/msg00518.html

Has anyone made CI/CAM/CONAX work WITHOUT having to remove and insert
the CAM module ? I have my server placed in the attic and having to
go there everytime I start the driver is a bit akward.

Kind regards

--PMM

Peter Maersk-Moller
Ogg/Vorbis support for MPEG4IP. YUV12, XviD, AVI and MP4 support
for libmpeg2. See http://www.maersk-moller.net/projects/