[linux-dvb] Re: Budget SU1278 (STV0299/TSA50059) DVB-S corruption on SOME channels

> BTW: I also found an issue with low symbol rates: The STV0299B datasheet
> says that the gain CFD[6:4] MUST NOT exceed the coefficient e[3:0], as that
> may lead to instability. But when you take the recommended STV0299B
> settings from the SU1278 datasheet, that is the case for symbol rates <5
> MBaud. Since I do not receive any transponders with such a low symbol rate,
> I have not been able to verify if there is indeed a problem...

There definitely is a problem. Lots of transponders on hotbird have weirdy
symbol rates. None of the ones about 5MBaud and below work with my patch.

However, tuning to ones with rates == 27.5MBaud actually seems much faster
now.

Hmm, actually I've just noticed a channel at 22MBaud ain't working either. Now
THAT is probably my problem.

(This is on a card directly connected to a dish BTW; the machine on the
distribution system is still currently inaccessible to me)