[linux-dvb] Re: RGB-Out with Siemens DVB-C

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 09:57:00PM +0200, Karl Herz wrote:
> Helmut Auer wrote:
> >Hello List,
> >I've got some questions if its possible to show the RGB signal with a
> >Siemens DVB-C card.
> >As I read here:
> >http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=4703&sid=&hilight=siemens%20AND%20dvbc&hilightuser=0
> >
> >there seems to be a problem with it. Is it a general restriction, or is
> >it possible that the "Kabelpeitsche" does not provide the RGB signal ?

I am using the circuit described on
http://www2.arnes.si/%7Emthale1/rgb.html
but I get a really awful picture. I tried vidmode=1, 2 and 3 but
I got no difference (except with vidmode=3 I get only monochrome
colors) in quality. I tried also all AV-modes of my TV (VIDEO, SCART and
S-VIDEO), but I get only a (awful) picture with VIDEO-mode. With SCART
and S-VIDEO I get only a black screen.

I thought that was possibly a problem with the 47 Ohm resistor, but I
detected, that there is no difference if there is a connection between
J2 Pin 2 and SCART Pin 16.

Then I found following hint:
> Uncomment the following line in the DVB driver file
> "DVB/driver/av7110/av7110.c":
>
>    //setgpio(av7110, 1, GPIO_OUTHI); // RGB on, SCART pin 16
>
> After this, RGB should be enabled and the picture on the TV screen
> should be really sharp :-)

But also this change changes nothing.

Has someone an idea or hint?

best regards