[linux-dvb] Re: [vdr] Lirc and Kernel 2.6.0.test8

Patrick Boettcher wrote:

Hello List,

For all of you who want to use the latest test kernel, at least for all of
you who have to use the latest test kernel (me). Here you can find the
basic kernel patch, which included lirc into the kernel and made it
accessable through make menuconfig (Device Driver -> Char Device - Linux
Infrared Control, if i remember correctly).

I use a homebrew ir-recv so lirc_serial is needed.
I compiled it as a module and follow the howto on lirc.org (modprobe ..,
mknod, setserial).
I use Debian so I installed the lirc and liblircclient0 package (not the
kernel modules) and everything works fine for me.

How about porting the av7110 ir input module for 2.6.0 to serial input and get rid of lirc (kernel modules)?
That what i found so far:
http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=6791&sid=

@Holger:
How difficult is this?
(Can an userspace prog create input events?)

cu
Florian