[linux-dvb] Re: help 2.6.0-test8, twinhan, dvb-kernel

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 05:17:29AM +0000, satelite tester wrote:
> Okay I thought I had it under control.
> I have the linux 2.6.0-test8.
> Compiled and everything seems good.
> I downloaded the latest CVS of dvb-kernel today.
> I recompiled with twinhan and nebula pinnacle drivers selected, as
> modules, as well as video4linux.
> Now what?
> I read the readme-bt8xx and it said to just check out the latest
> dvb-kernel and follow that readme if I was running a 2.6x kernel.
> That readme said to just recompile my kernel with the appropriate
> selections, twinhan and nebula, I think.

Doesn't it say :

  1) Call "./makelinks <your-kernel-directory>. This will copy and link
  the driver files to your kernel, remove some old files, move some files
  around.

That's what my version says.

> Then my apps should just work.
> the readme in build-2.4 said it wouldn't work with 2.6x kernels, which
> made sense.
> But then what is my next step?
> The only card I have in the system is the twinhan 1020.

You have to install the modules. That is covered in some detail
in the README.bt8xxx, and example shell script insmod-bt8xx.sh

> Is there another readme buried somewhere that I am supposed to follow?
> What step am I missing.

Jamie