[linux-dvb] got it working (some feedback for twinhan, 2.6, etc)

I got my twinhan vp1020 card working.  There are some steps that were less
obvious than others.   I noted a few things here:

First, take a look at the following howto, it covers most of the
important steps:
http://robdvd.radfiles.net/viewtopic.php?t=447

When building the kernel, make sure to enable
'I2C support' and 'I2C bit-banging interfaces'.
Otherwize, 'BT848 Video For Linux' wont show up under the 'Video for Linux'
section  (at least that's the case with make menuconfig).

Next, even though DEVFS was compiled into my 2.6 kernel, the device special
files were never created, and nothing from the log files (after
Everything looked fine.  But trying dvbstream I got errors like:
dvbstream: FRONTEND DEVICE: : No such file or directory
or dvbtune:
fd_dvr DEMUX DEVICE: : No such file or directory

So with or without devfs compiled in, you need to run this script:
http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/DVB/driver/makedev.napi?rev=1.14&content-type=text/plain

You might also need to comment out these lines:
if [ -e /dev/.devfsd ]; then
        echo "It seems you are using devfs. Good!"
	exit 0
fi

Under the twinhan section in the README.bt8xx, it says to load bttv as:
modprobe bttv i2c_hw=1 card=0x71
but for me, it locked up solid.  What worked was:
modprobe bttv i2c_hw=1 card=0x68
(my card is the older model vp1020, blue color circuit board).