[linux-dvb] Re: mpeg encoder/decoder

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 12:43, Vincenzo Di Massa wrote:

> > Check out the Hauppauge PVR-250 or 350 - they are supported well in
> > Linux now. Google for 'ivtv'
> >
> Are you using one?
> Does it work with dvb (as a helper card, to decode mpeg2) and analog tv?

I know it's supported by Andreas Kool's 'analogtv' plugin for VDR. My
own interest in VDR has dwindled in the last 2 months since my new house
only has analogue cable (and the STB only has RF output (!)) so I would
expect quite good support for the PVR cards now - after all, they simply
spool out an MPEG2 stream like the Kfir does.

Cheers,
Gavin.