[linux-dvb] Re: skystar2 dvb-t

Augusto Cardoso wrote:
Hi!

The B2C2 DVB-T that uses the Grundig 29504-401.02, was called Air2PC-DVB rev 0.2 by B2C2 and AirStar2 by Technisat.
Well, it looks like in Europe things are actually a little more complicated:

Too me it seems like the rev0.2 cards were sold as "Airstar", while the "Airstar2" in Russia seems to be a different card (maybe actually based on the TT designs): http://www.skystar.ru/
[As a sidenote, in Russia there seemed to be a card called "Skystar3" which was also not B2C2 based, but a TT or KNC1.]

Technisat is going to sell a new card also as "Airstar2"; this one seems to have a Samsung tuner: http://www.technisat.de/images/produkte/produktbilder/234_160/1352.jpg

Currently there seems to be not much info, apart from the picture and the fact that it is a DVB-T card ;)

The Grundig module is no longer been manufacturer. B2C2 made about 500 of these cards.
There is a rev 0.3 that is based on the Zarlink(Mitel) part. The rev 0.3 never went in production.

B2C2 is currently testing an new DVB-T card that is based on a Samsung NIM. This should go in production Q1/04. I'm currently trying to have a driver for Linux available at the same time the product goes on sale. I don't have these cards.
Alternate [http://www.alternate.de] claims to sell these cards for 59 EUR, although Technisat recommend ca. 90 EUR. Nevertheless it's possible that they're just selling off some old stock first and then rise the price. (Alternate sold a rev2.6B card as a rev2.3 card to me, that's why I had to learn kernel programming).

The B2C2 products based on the STV0297 are for Digital Cable. The Cable4PC products. The Cable4PC 0.7A was in production and for sale in Asia. These cards have a B2C2's designed and built tuner, based on the CMOS tuner from Microtune. These are no longer in production as far as I know. The Microtune part is no longer in production because of heat problems. To program these tuner without the B2C2 code is a very difficult task. It took 3 guys 6 months working with Microtune to get the code at its optimum.

	Augusto

Very interesting though.

Niklas