[linux-dvb] Re: [RFC] Limitations of current filtering

Hi all,

[...]
> The TS_TAP method has a big limitation; there is only
> one /dev/dvb/adapter/dvrY device, so it's not possible
> to read two sets of pids (as it's necessary when one wants
> to separately record two television channels with
> identical frontend settings).
Sorry, I am not an expert, but I think this kind of demultiplexing shoud
be done in user space. In other words: I think that a single dvr device
is ok: we can select all the pids that we need and then a user-space
program can read the dvr device and generate all the desired TSs (it is
pretty simple, I think).

I suspect that any other solution would require to move this simple
demultiplexing code from user space to kernel space. But, as I said, I
am not an expert (just a random user) hence I might be completely wrong.

				Luca