[linux-dvb] Re: Problem with scan app

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 08:06:25PM +0000, Stuart Wallace wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use 'scan' to generate a channels.conf file for my local
> digital terrestrial transmitter, for use with VDR.
>
> I was wondering what I'm doing wrong?

You're not actually doing anything wrong - I'm guessing you're in the
same situation as I was - given that I was quite far away from the
transmitter, I had to use the "B" frequencies for the two 'Freeview'
muxes and of course the other four muxes still hold the 'A' frequencies.

In short, you'll have to supply the tuning information manually
for each of your muxes and not get 'scan' to automatically read
the NIT.

AFAIK, there's not really a more graceful way of dealing with this :/

Cheers,
Gavin.