[linux-dvb] Re: [RFC] Limitations of current filtering

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
Holger Waechtler wrote:

At that point dvrY is totally useless and it could be theorically
removed (but it's better to not break existing apps, of course).
We should keep it in v3, in v4 it will vanish anyways. The DVR device is
still required for MultiPID-TS filters when we don't implement b).

I have to admit that (due to lack of time) I didn't follow the
V4 API discussion, so please forgive this question: if the DVR device
will vanish, what will an application (like VDR) have to use instead?
A short link to the relevant doc page or posting would do just fine.
Johannes checked in the commented API proposal files to the LinuxDVB CVS, module dvb-kernel-v4:

http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dvb-kernel-v4/linux/include/linux/dvb/dmx.h?rev=1.12&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dvb-kernel-v4/linux/include/linux/dvb/

Holger