[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning Problems With Hauppauge dec2000t

On Saturday 06 December 2003 9:15 pm, Stefan weidt wrote:
> > > I'm trying to set up my dec2000t in Linux and I seem to have compiled
> > > the driver successfully but I'm having trouble getting it to scan for
> > > channels.
> >
> > The driver does not yet support data sections, so the scan app will not
> > work I'm afraid.  Hopefully, you can find a channels.conf for the
> > transmitter near you, otherwise you will have to craft one by hand.  Let
> > me know if you need any help with this.
>
> Ah I see. I can't find any channel.conf that match my transmitter. Since
> I'm still duel booting to use my dec2000; I've have a list of all the
> channels, frequencies, Video-PID and Audio-PID which will help. Looking at
> the other channel.conf files I'm not sure what the FEC and QAM are, but the
> other values seem to stay the same.

You can find the FEC and QAM values can be found on the program information
page of the setup screen within the dec's menus.  There should be a mode like
this:

2K - 1/32 - 16QAM - CR 3/4

These are:

transmission mode - guard interval - QAM - FEC

> Looking at the Mailing list achieves you use "ts2ps" what is this and where
> can I where can I find it?

In libdvb at http://metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html.  Add your path to
dvb-kernel/linux/include to the INCLUDES in config, and make.  The tools get
built in dvb-mpegtools.  The current version seems to produce lots of broken
links for me - just softlink ts2ps to dvb-mpegtools_main.

> Will this driver work with mythTV?

I'm not too sure.  Try it and see I guess ;)

Cheers,
Alex