[linux-dvb] Re: saa7146_core.c won't work on systems with more than 1GB RAM

> I've got a system with 1GB of RAM and I updated my dvb-kernel directory from
> CVS and found that this bit of code at line 119 of
> linux/drivers/media/common/saa7146_core.c causes an Oops each time I try to
> load the driver:
>
>       if (PageHighMem(pg))
>                 BUG();
>
> In other words, if you've got more than a gig and your kernel (I'm running the
> Mandrake 9.0 contrib'd Multimedia kernel which includes pre-empt patches)
> happens to decide to use that memory for paging then you're stuffed.

Yeah, that's the major drawback of the system. 32-bit addresses are
hardcoded in many places so it breaks highmem support...

The quick fix should be to disallow building the dvb stuff if the
high memory support is selected.

Emard