[linux-dvb] Re: Hotplug Firmware

Hello Emard,

I'd like to experiment with the hotplug and
firmware loading. I installed latest hotplug for
debian and now I'd like to load av7110 firmware
with it.

AFAICS dvb-ttpci loads compiled-in firmware

Can someone enlighten me in few shell commands
how to stop dvb-ttpci from loading the compiled-in firmare and let hotplug handle it?
Have a look at the "patches-2.6" directory.

There is one kernel patch for the firmware_class code and one patch that adds firmware loading to av7110.

"README.firmware" contains an explanation how to load the drivers, mount sysfs and finally load the firware manually, in case you don't have firmware_hotplug agent installed.

Emard
CU
Michael.