[linux-dvb] Re: Nebula installation and nxt6000 fault

> This bug is caused by the i2c hardware write routine in
> the bttv driver. It can't handle writing a zero length
> message to an i2c address.

The kernel shouldn't oops on that, but I think zero-length
writes are not allowed.  At least the bt878 can't do that in
hardware and the specs say:

	"An I2C write transaction consists of sending a
	START signal, 2 or 3 bytes of data ... "

(the "2 or 3 bytes" include the i2c address, i.e. that
means 1 or 2 data bytes).

I can catch zero-length writes and return -EINVAL, would that help?

  Gerd

--
You have a new virus in /var/mail/kraxel