[linux-dvb] Re: acpi sleep mode

Barbini Uberto wrote:
> > So far no one cared to implement power management for the
> > DVB drivers. Patches are welcome. I also think there's some
> > work left to do regarding kobject/sysfs in 2.6. Volunteers?
>
> I am!
> can someone give me some hints or I can start reading kernel doc this
> holidays?
> I tried to rmmod dvb modules (frontend and dvb_ttpci) and reload them after
> the resume and it works reasonably fast, but it's a pain to stop
> applications and reactivate them.

Well, if you want to go for the power management stuff I suggest
you have a look at drivers/base/ and Documentation/power/ +
Documentation/driver-model/.

The av7110 firmware reloading stuff (for ARM crash recovery) in dvb_ttpci
is broken anyway (Oopses most of the time), mayby it can get fixed while
you're at it ;-)

Other sutff:

There's a warning at module load time which needs to be taken care of:
Dec 16 21:29:30 heck vmunix: videodev: "av7110" has no release callback.  Please fix your driver for proper sysfs support

And I suspect that there is stuff missing for udev support (2.6's devfs
replacement).

BTW: Last time I tested 2.6 on my laptop USB power management was
broken, too. You better check that essential parts of your system
work with power mgmt. before you try to fix DVB.

Regards,
Johannes