[linux-dvb] Problems with Typhoon DVB-s

Hello,

since several weeks I am trying to get my Typhoon DVB-s card to work -
without success! I think I am very close to the solution, but only
close...

My configuration is:
- AMD K6 450MHz / Typhoon DVB-s (same as KNC-ONE!?)
- Knoppix 3.2 / Kernel 2.4.20
- DVB driver from Metzler Bros. Version 1.1.7
- VDR version 1.2.2
- no HW-MPEG decoder! (only recordings are required)

written to "epg.data". So I think driver and VDR work. But:
- recordings to HD produce only weired video files (partial pictures and
scratching sound)
- Conversion of .vdr to .mpeg - files with PVAStrumento crashes
- Streaming with streamdev to Windows-PC produce the same weired video

First I thought the LNB - signal is bad. I checked it with my
conventional SAT receiver and noticed asignal quality of 99%. I think
that should be good enough.

Is there somebody out in space who can give me a hint?

Best regards

   Lothar Springob