[linux-dvb] Re: video + net with Nexus

> The only file where task/workqueues are used at all is dvb_net.c
> because network driver calls are handled within interrupt context but
> filters cannot be set from within interrupts. (btw., do you see the
> possible race condition in the current code? Think about network
> calls during queue execution ...)

I should test dvb_net more thoroghly in the stress conditions.
I thought workqueue was used on other places too not only dvb_net

> But you were talking about specific problems with the "workqueue strategy"
> when using full-featured cards bi-directionally?
> Did you mean when also using networking or in any case when recording
> and playing back at the same time?
> There can of course still be problems but not related to any
> workqueues.

It is still not difficult to crash it with playback or trying to
record some scrambled channel.
Even with the watching, I've seen a crash when using dvb-s and vdr,
after zapping to a channel that is encrypted.