[linux-dvb] Re: 2.6.0 and firmware patches?

Hello,

> The patches in "patches-2.6" sync the 2.6.0 release with the
> "dvb-kernel" CVS, ie. you get the most recent version of the drivers
> without the need to use the "makelinks" script to directly patch your
> driver. These patches are send to the kernel maintainer and become part
> of 2.6.1.
I see. The documentation somehow made me think I needed both... Adding
the above paragraph from your answer to the README might be helpful.

> You description is very vague: what crashes - the kernel or the av7110
> driver? What makes you believe it's the av7110 driver? Do these crashes
> with your last 2.4 installation, too? Did you use "dvb-kernel" or "DVB"
> with that one?
>
> Questions... ;-)
Sure. Answers:

I use VDR 1.2.6. VDR keeps going fine (OSD etc.), but picture/sound is
lost and cannot be recovered until I reboot (I have dvb-kernel compiled
statically into the kernel as this is a box supposed to be used exclusively
as a VDR).

I have not checked the most recent version of dvb-kernel with 2.6.0. My
previous version was from CVS about 1-2 weeks ago. There are no suspicious
messages in /var/log/messages.

I'd be happy to help in this issue is someone tells me what to do/where to
look.

Lars