[linux-dvb] Re: ntuxplayer

Marcus Metzler wrote:

Alexandre CONRAD writes:
> is it normal this application takes up to 99% CPU constantly ?
> > # ps aux | grep ntuxplayer
> root 10469 99.6 1.4 3344 1840 ? R 10:43 0:12 > /usr/local/bin/ntuxplayer

No, I get percentages between 1 and 3. What exactly are you playing?
You may get more usage if you have AC3 audio, but not much (maybe 1%).
It could be that you can't write to the video device as fast as usual,
when you are replaying and recording at the same time. You could try
and see if it helps to increase the poll intervals in ntuxplayer.c.
I haven't tested that yet.
I only use the DVB card to read. I don't record. I don't even use the satellite part of it. lol

I can't change that in ntuxplayer. I don't have any programming skills.

Regards,
--
Alexandre CONRAD - TLV
Research & Development