[linux-dvb] Re: XMLTV and DVB

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 09:09:25PM +0100, Carlos Fernandez Sanz wrote:

> I'm starting to look into loading EPG data from DVB into mythtv. I don't want to reinvent the wheel, so I'd rather ask...(single google didn't help). Is there any program/script that generates xmltv files from a DVB card? If not yet, is there any effort being made that I can join?

Sorry: I reply completely wrong: I use the Swiss channel that don't have
EPG at all, but thanks to http://www.lahiette.com/biboobox/?XMLTV and
ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/Tools/xmltv2vdr-1.0.5.tar.gz I
have full EPG for my channels :-)

VDR was good, but with the EPG on my channels, vdr is just TREMENDOUS!!!

I could answer a little bit better: have a look about dvbtune:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvbtools

One day I should try mythtv...

	Grégoire