[linux-dvb] Re: New tuner chipset for SkyStar2 rev 2.68/B

> > I'm not sure why the code above is the way it is, but STV0299 sets msg
> > [0].addr to 0x68, and msg[1].addr to 0x61. Shouldn't the code above
> > (also) test msg[1] for 0x61 ? (Why only the VP310 frontend?)
>
> Are you using a recent CVS snapshot? The code tests for 0x0e, 0x61 and 0x68.
[...]
> Have you found out what demod is actually used on your card? Is it the
> stv0299 or the stv0297? Maybe you need to open (carefully!) the silver
> metal box to see the chip.
>
> Holger

I was using 2.4, and the CVS snapshot of the past few days only had the
change in the 2.6 patches. Now I'm using 2.6.0 (though for different reasons)
and it's all working fine.

I seem to have got the card working to some degree for now. I am now
able to lock on to some transponders with dvbtune and even get some
XML information from apps/scan. So it seems I have an STV0299 after all.
I must have done something wrong when patching the Windows driver to
tell me it was the 0297.

Sergio