[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel and upcoming Linux kernel 2.6

> As a first step, the av7110 firmware file is gone now. Several people
> have tested the firmware loading by using the hotplug system or by
> manually loading the firmware. All this is described in the new
> "Documentation/dvb" directory, please read it.

Can this increase boot time? I've no objection otherwise.
I understood that you have to load both the dpram and root firmware, is it
right?

> It's utopian to keep it up for much longer (say until 2.6.3 or 4),
> because we need to add new features like acpi sleep modes, full sysfs
> compatility, udev compatiblity and so on. The USB drivers already have

I'm very interested in S3 sleep mode (S4 is way too slow) and I'm volunteering
for debug or little patches, but I cannot code such a change.
However I contributed in some linux projects and I don't see how you can
continue to support both kernels, at least if you haven't two distinct and
independent trees.
udev and sysfs are very important too in next few month.

my 2 cents.

Bye Uberto