[linux-dvb] Re: mplayer HDTV

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

I can't get Xine to play live HDTV, because it claims no demuxer is
available. It plays recorded HDTV ok though.

Make sure you aren't running ?zap (tzap, szap....) when you try to view HDTV through Xine. From what I remember, Xine sets up the DVB device itself and can't do so if one of the zap programs is already streaming data through it.
I might be wrong though, this is just off the top of my head and I haven't used it in a month or so (I'm using MythTV successfully now).
Cheers,

Matt