[linux-dvb] Re: VHF DVB-T cards?

From: "Nico" <nsabbi@tiscali.it>
> down here in Italy the first DVB-T transmissions are popping up,
> so I'm searching a good budget card to buy.
> I want to avoid UHF-only  tuners, because VHF is going to be used here.
>
> Hauppage doesn't list the tuner specs of their Nova-T cards,
> so can someone post the list of options, please?

The _2002_ TechnoTrend Budget DVB-T card, which is also sold under the name
"Hauppauge Nova-T" (as well as Lorenzen SL DVB-T) supports VHF reception.
The card looks like this:

http://secret.cream.org/wintv-newtuner.jpg

I can say for sure that this card supports VHF, because I have the Lorenzen
card (without IR, unfortunately) and receive VHF channels 5 and 7 with it
here in Berlin.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach