[linux-dvb] Re: [Mplayer-dvb] mplayer playback through dvb takes100% cpu time

Dirk wrote:

I don't know the exact difference beteween PS and TS, but it happens with every file that I tries so far:

- mplayer ... dvd://1
- mplayer ... test-divx.avi
- mplayer ... test-xvid.avi
- mplayer ... test.mpg (recorded by buffer < /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > test.mpg) - this is TS, I think

- mplayer ... test.cpy.avi (recoded from test.mpg by mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy ...) - this is PS?

if you didn't specify -of mpeg no: it's avi

I have not yet tried other mpg-Files.

Maybe it is interesting that xosview shows most of the used CPU time as "SYS" (red bar) when
using -ao oss/alsa9/null. The "blue" part is about the amount I would expect (depening on the file
type played).

Dirk
what happens if you run
mplayer -vo xv -ao mpegpes test.mpg