[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge DEC2540-T

On Monday 05 January 2004 9:38 pm, Martijn van de Streek wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Jan 2004, Alex Woods wrote:
> > > Is there some sort of easy way/checklist I can follow to add support
> > > for the DEC2540-T to the current driver in linux kernel 2.6.0?
> >
> > Firstly, see http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ and checkout the
> > dvb-kernel module.  Apply this patch to the driver:
>
> It doesn't work.

The 2.16 software seems have stabilised.  I've had a look through it and it
appears to support USB ID 0b48 1009.  There is also a new firmware that has
appeared in the zip - STB_PC_X.bin.  I assume this is the firmware for your
box.  If I try it with my DEC, I get similar problems to the ones you were
seeing (usb timeouts), so maybe the devices have different USB chips.

I have updated the driver in CVS so that it will look for USB ID 0b48 1009,
and try to load firmware for it (named dvb-ttusb-dec-2540t.fw).  If you
decide to try it out, please let me know what results you get.

If you get as far as the DEC rebooting and a message like this appears in your
logs:

ttusb_dec_init_stb: unknown model returned by firmware (12345678) - please
report

then let me know the number, and I'll add it to the driver so you can get to
the next stage.

Cheers,
Alex