[linux-dvb] Nova-t works only with a soft reboot from Windows

Hi,

I've just recently got my hands on a hauppage Nova-t card. I'm running Redhat Fedora with the default kernel and DVB driver 1.01.

The problem is I can't get the card to work in Linux unless I've tuned a channel in windows and then perform a soft reboot into Linux If I cold boot into linux the scan app tells me it can't tune a channel and times out. If I start mythbackend I get a timeout bailing error.

The scan app works fine and finds all of my channels as long as I've initialised the card in windows first.

I guess it's probably some sort of initialisation problem with the card. Has anybody got any ideas how to cure this very strange problem?

thanks.