[linux-dvb] Re: UK DVB-t teletext scan?

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 10:12, John Pullan wrote:

> > There's no 'old school' Teletext on Freeview, only the digital MHEG5 stuff...
>
> So how do you find out the pids for MHEG5 ?

>From memory, there are a few of them listed in the output of 'dvbtune
-i' but I can't remember what section - they should be in the same XML
segment as BBCi, etc.

Good luck trying to view these digital pages... there /are/ Java-based
MHEG5 viewers on the Internet to download, and there is a project to
extract the '.mheg', jpeg and png files from the MHEG/MHP carousels..
but so far nothing's been released to join these two parts together to
provide a 'digital teletext' viewer.

Cheers,
Gavin.