[linux-dvb] Re: /dev/dvb empty

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:16:29 +0000
Brendan Bispham <brendan.lists@black-and-blue.com> wrote:

> > I will think further when I am back home.
>
> Appreciate it Roland...
> Is it worth stating that I'm using vanilla 2.6.1 without any patches?

DVB: registering new adapter (DEC2000-t).
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (TechnoTrend/Hauppauge DEC2000-t Frontend)...
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver TechnoTrend/Hauppauge DEC USB
usb 4-1: USB disconnect, address 2
hub 4-0:1.0: new USB device on port 1, assigned address 3
DVB: registering new adapter (DEC2000-t).
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (TechnoTrend/Hauppauge DEC2000-t Frontend)...

That's what dmesg looks like for me. Your best
bet might be to check  whether your hotplug scripts
are recent enough.

It might also be a good idea to check out if
the box works under another operation system
in order to rule out a hardware problem.

If that fails, follow Alex' advice. He knows
the driver much better than I do, being
the one who's written it.

Sincerely,

--