[linux-dvb] Re: Video/Audio Dropouts up to 5sec

Am Sonntag, 18. Januar 2004 16:09 schrieb Tobias Faust:
> Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > I had similar results and tried all that could be related (changed lnb,
> > changed cable, built in a 5/4 multiswitch. After some time the i had
> > other instabilities too and after some days, the motherboard died
> > finally. After build in of the new motherboard all was fine from the
> > first second on.
>
> hmm, really?? My MoBo works perfect. No Errors
> What do you mean with: other instabilities?

Other applications crashed inconsistantly in certain cases. After some time
regular kernel crashes and a day later after a kernel crash it didn't reboot
anymore because of crashing kernel on boot. Then i build in a new MoBo and
all issues there gone. My system is now rockstable and no distortions
anymore. It can of course be that there is another issue on your side. I
don't think that my case is normal 8-)

Steffen