[linux-dvb] Re: Network in Budget Technotrend DVB-T

Sergey Sholokh wrote:

> Also I try get IP over DVB (MPE) in Ukraine.
> My ISP provide access to Internet over DVB-T.
> I had received Unicast PID and MAC from my ISP and firstly I tried got
> Internet access with Windows drivers. It test had passed successfully. Then I
> tried got access Internet access with Linux DVB drivers. I used
> linuxtv-dvb-1.0.1 drivers and kernel-2.4.22. But I didn't get any packets on
> my dvb0_0 interface.
> I setup my MAC on this interface -
> ifconfig dvb0_0 hw ether 00002xxxxxxxx 10.1.1.1 up
> Interface is running but no traffic (any!)
> tcpdump -ni dvb0_0 shows nothing
> Sure, routing is right - my ISP see my outgoing packets on DVB incapsulator,
> rp_filter has 0 value.

Does ifconfig report incoming/dropped packets in its statistics?

> I'm tried using dvbsnoop with my unicast PID to capture packets.
> All packets were received successfully on my MAC!
> Unfortunately, no traffic on dvb0_0 yet.
> I'm tried changed IP on dvb interface to IP taken from my working Windows
> DVB-data program (192.168.21.44), but no traffic yet.
> I'm attentively checking my network settings - in my opinion all settings are
> right.
>
> Also I tried start dvbstream -o 20xx, so when I ping someone IP address
> (www.google.com for example) - I see replay packets in stdout output!!!
> But dvb0_0 empty!
>
> Have you anybody advice for me?

You could either post a few packets (hex dump) captured with dvbsnoop,
or have a look at the spec (ETSI EN 301 192 chapter 7 "Multiprotocol
encapsulation", get from www.etsi.org) and the code (dvb_net_sec() in
linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb_net.c) yourself.

Does your ISP have an information page which describes technical
details?

Johannes