[linux-dvb] Re: CI and streaming

Roberto Deza schrieb:
Hi,

At 13.33 21-01-2004 +0200, Irek Defée wrote:

After the NOVA-CI discussion I would like to clarify this:

Is there any card with CI supported by Linux drivers from which one
can get out nonencrypted TS stream out of encrypted input TS stream?
(of course provided proper CAM and card are installed)

AFAIK, the available CAMs only decrypt a pair of PIDs (one Video & Audio streams); some CAMs versions have had troubles when a program have two audio streams! :-(.

It's common that the descramblers used in the CAMs are cappable of simultaneus decrypt of many PIDs (ie, 16 or more) using different Control Words (as need for several programs), but the firmware in
the CAM and the "receiver" restrict this capabilities :-(.

If I remind well CAMs can handle 3 A/V-streams from a TS, but I'm not sure whether Klaus has implemented this, yet. But he was working on that half a year ago.

Rene