[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-CI: why does opening /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0return "no such device?"

Robert Schlabbach wrote:

FWIW, I'll probably soon start reverse engineering the budget CI to
implement support in my Windows BDA minidriver. If any Linux programmer is
interested in implementing support for Linux, contact me and we can help
each other.

The CI control seems to be wired to the SAA7146A DEBI port. I know very
little about the CI protocol, it seems to be a rather complex beast :( But
at least the low-level hardware access should be simple enough to figure
out. The hard part is understanding the CI protocol enough to tell if the
hardware implementation task...

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net

I'm not sure if you've already seen it so just in case...

http://www.bjpace.com.cn/tec/

I found some interesting PDFs here, most of them available from etsi.org but not all - EN 50211 most notably.
EN 50211 has some details on CI implementation (especially 'Annex A: PC card-based physical layer' might be useful).
So plz grab it and tell me if it was of any importace.

Michal