[linux-dvb] Re: 2.6 request_firmware and frontends

> I am doing it using the normal kernel I2C driver.
> Every I2C frontend automatically calls the I2C driver attach callback
> where the card driver can configure it accordingly.
> The frontend driver does not really need to know anything about higher
> level structures.

Are you meaning in the case where multiple manufacturers have used the same
frontend, that the manufacturer-hardware-specific card driver should do bits
of the frontend setup?

Yeah, that does seem more appropriate actually, just a bit different from how
its done right now. Anyway, it was just an idea for how to support it if the
situation arises. When/if it does, it can be sorted then.

I assume you prefer the callback function to load firmware in dvb_adapter
method in that case.