[linux-dvb] Re: IOCTL interface to DVB CA

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 19:44, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> On Thursday 29 January 2004 18:33, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > > Hi, I'm wondering how the CA_GET_MSG/CA_SEND_MSG IOCTLs defined in ca.h
> > > are meant to work.
> >
> > me too
> >
> > AFAIK the drivers in tuxbox.org CVS implement them.
>
> Yup. they do. They just ignore all the fields except msg and length though.
> And most of the CA caps structures are zeroed as well. :)

The ioctls are just used because their presence indicated to me that
read and write were inappropriate for the ca device ;)

All protocol stuff is done in userspace and personally I don't care
using ioctl or read/write.

The CA hardware used by these drivers has a proprietary interface. If
you change ca.h, then please add a type CI_ALPHACAM for this one, so it
can be identified correctly by userspace software.

Regards,
Andreas