[linux-dvb] Re: Aspect ratio on UK DVB-t

On Sunday 27 July 2003 17:18, Richard Walker wrote:
> On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 02:00  pm, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

[ ..]

> > AFD is in addition to the standard MPEG2 aspect ratio stuff..
> > basically, it
> > lets the broadcaster describe which area within the frame is relevant,
> > so you
> > can a 14:9 picture within a "physical" 16:9 one.
> >
> > Its quite easy to implement; I'd recommend using libmpsys to parse the
> > MPEG
> > transport stream.
>
> Hmm... I'd quite like to see this implemented, as the BBC and five (in
> the UK) broadcast all their terrestrial 4:3 output in a 16:9 frame
> (complete with black pillars) and include an AFD to notify STBs that
> it's really 4:3.

[ .. ]

Can you try vdr's softdevice plugin (softdevice-0.0.5) with witch my
Xv out patch (softdevice-0.0.5-xv-patch01.bz2) from http://www.lucke.in-berlin.de

I don't if we get these AFD packs but if so, you should
get messages like:
ASPECT (0 -> 0 ; 1,777778 -> 1,333333)
where the first values are non zero.

Stefan Lucke