[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel and udev

Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
Hi,

I just installed udev onto my gentoo distri. It seems the dvb (compiled into kernel) devices in linux 2.6.2-rc2 don't appear in /sys as the nodes don't appear in /dev. I just create them manually rigth now every start up with the code ripped from makenapi or what the script is called.

I dunno whether the dvb driver already appears in /sys in the mm-sources, otherwise it would be nice if you update stuff to work nicely with udev.
Basically you have to replace the devfs_register() calls in dvbdev.c by the appropriate new calls. Patches are welcome.

Holger