[linux-dvb] Re: Testers wanted

Norbert Schechner wrote:
Am Montag, 26. Januar 2004 15:11 schrieb Holger Waechtler:

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

Holger Waechtler wrote:

we're preparing the 1.1.0 release in the CVS repository. In order to
avoid too many bugfix-releases I'd like to invite you to test the
release code before we'll put it on the website. To do so please do this:

if no serious problems arise we hope to be able to announce the release
within the next few days,
Sorry to say, but this is not going to work. Please wait until
I sorted out the mess with Holger, any tests done now are useless.
should be fine now - the branch tag has been moved to the right place.
In any case it should had been working before too - the previous
Makefile used CVS HEAD for tarball generation, which was the basically
same code as the tagged code - but now it's looking cleaner.

Holger

I tested with Skystar2 Ver. 2.6B and SuSE 9.0 with kernel 2.4.21-166-athlon,
everythink is working fine with szap.

After solving some problemes with my moduls.conf (I didn't know exactly what to introduce),
Can you please outline which information should be added to the README or just post us your example config for the skystar2 so that we can add it as example?

I got also xine-0.9.22 runing with dvb. But after zaping some times, xine crash and I have to kill it using xkill. I am not able to start xine again, and I am either able to unload dvb-core, because using rmmod tells me that the module is used, also if I remove first stv0299 and skystar2. So I believe it is a problem from dvb-core.
Did you used 'kill -9'? This should be able to kill every application. If not some zombie threads might well hog on the devices and keep the usecount high so that you can't remove the device drivers...

Grep the 'ps -aux' output for xine leftovers next time and kill them with the -9 option.

I do not believe that it is a heat problem, because I installed a separat fan only for the skystar2 and I do not switch channels more frequent than every 5 to 10 sec.
The heat dissipation usually depends on the transponder parameters (e.g. high symbolrate) and less on the channel switching frequency...

Holger