[linux-dvb] Re: Is there anything I could do to make editing mark working under 2.6?

Gregoire Favre wrote:

> for some reasons I prefer to use 2.6 kernels, BUT with 2.6 kernels I
> can't edit my marks under 2.6...
>
> I have tried to run vdr with only one card: same result...
>
> As already discussed, for some people, it works, for some other it's
> only slow, for me all I can do is to killall -KILL vdr...
>
> What could be done?

What works for me is:

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4 ./vdr

Which means that this problem is unrelated to the DVB drivers,
but due to changed behaviour of the new NPTL (native posix
threading library) vs. the old linuxthreads.

(LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4 makes glibc use linuxthreads
even if the kernel is capable of running NPTL.)

Johannes