[linux-dvb] Re: CI Question again

Manfred Petz wrote:

> Sorry, if this has already been answered: Looking at EN 50221:1997, a CAM
> should be able to decrypt multiple tv channels at once. I'm playing around
> with this and I only manage to decrypt one single audio/video PID pair
> with my Nexus-S.

While the standards may allow this (do they really?), I'm quite
sure CAM vendors won't implement it.

> Is it true that there is a limitation in the AV7110 firmware which
> prevents us from descrambling multiple channels at once, or is it my
> fault?

The firmware only does message passing (i.e. it implements the
link/transport layer) to the common interface. It does not
even look at the messages and imposes no limitations on
their content.

Johannes