From: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org
[mailto:linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org]On Behalf Of Adrian P Challinor
Sent: Friday 6 February 2004 8:27
To: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: Full featured cards

Quoting Carlo,

I know of (but don't yet have) a Nexus-S. Yes, it is expensive. I will buy
one if I know it is going to work, but doesn't it just have a single
Video-IN connector? Looking at the Hauppauge sites, they make no mention of
a Video-Out socket.

I'm new to this, so I don't want to make any gross statements. However, in
my research over the last few months reading web sites and message archives,
I get the impression that the cards used by VDR are no longer available to
the general public.

My alternative to using VDR would be to use MythTV. That does seem to have
an MPEG decoding capability. Otherwise, well, it's yet another pseudo device
driver to fire MPEG encoded streams at a hardware MPEG decoder->TV out card.

Or, throw money at my problem, put a high speed CPU in the box, and do the
MPEG decoding in software!