[linux-dvb] Re: Regarding PES data from Demux

Sharath H. S wrote:
> Can anybody reply on this please.

Sure.

> To: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
> Subject: [linux-dvb] Regarding PES data from Demux
> From: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org
> Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:15:43 +0530

I don't reply to mails with a totally bogus From: line like that.

> I am using the linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0-pre2 along with the WinTV-Nexus S DVB card.
> For a TS file that is fed to the DVB card, the test_pes <PID>
> application is not giving me the correct PES dump. There is data loss.
> Please provide a solution for the same.

1. open dvr0 for writing first
2. then set PES filter (i.e. start test_pes)
3. then start feeding data into dvr0, but not faster
   than test_pes can read it

A simple 'cat file >/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0' won't do it.

If that doesn't work you must supply a more detailed description
of "not giving me the correct PES dump". But note that
linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0-pre2 is out-of-date.

Johannes